1.- Artificial Additives OOOOO OOOO 9 (SCIENCE / VISUAL)
TYPES OF FOOD & SMALL NUMBERS
* Bingo with most harmful additives and the TOP 10 Spanish Supermarket Harmful food flashcards' beside (Hide the E-s they have) Players may win by shouting line (vertical, horizontal or diagonal) or full house.
* Most Common Artificial Additives and their classification according to Harmful - Suspicious - Not Dangerous
* What healthy problems may cause on our organism if we eat them a lot? E-Mail
* Share the learnt info with other people and ask them to fill out a questionnaire or answering a recorded interview (created previously) about this topic .
* DB8 with your group the sentence: 'Mum, today I've finished all my homework! May I eat some sweets? Make a list with pros and cons. Find out positive rewards.
* Go to 3 different supermarkets or have a look to 3 different brands and find out a list of 10 common products you normally eat with harmful artificial additives. Compare the same product and decide which brand is better than the other.
* DB8 with your group the ideas you got and list them.
2.- Domesticating Food - Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) OOOOO 5 (SCIENCE / VERBAL)
PAST SIMPLE / PAST PASSIVES / PRESENT SIMPLE / PRESENT PASSIVES
* What does GMO stand for? Work out the meaning and human body effects. Video
* Find a video (no more than 5 minutes) to explain your topic and share it with mates, friends, relatives,... Note down their impressions.
* Top 10 GMO Foods to Avoid
* Write down Brain Storming Questions about this topic and find an answer by writing an e-mail to an expert. E-Mail
* Share the information among your friends, relatives, teachers, ... and note down what questions they would ask to a professional.
* According to your questions and gotten answers, write your own opinion.
3.- Personal Information OOOOOO 6 (MATHS / VISUAL)
COMPARATIVES & SUPERLATIVES
Names & Surnames are NOT going to appear or be used in public. This information is ONLY going to be registered in teacher's official server. In case any student were in risk, ONLY teachers working with doctors would start an official protocol.
* Name & Surnames
* Date of Birth
* Height / Weight / Foot Size (centimetres and inches)
* Write an e-mail to a doctor in order to compare results and get a conclusion with the answers.
* DB8 the average between 6 year-old till 12 year-old students according to the recorded weight and height registered in classes. Is there any difference between boys and girls?
* Work out the meaning of BMI and How to calculate it. Present a grid with the FORMULA and the classification.
* Write down a summary explaining the reality of our centre according to height and weight setting out percentage of students underweighted, in the average, overweighted or obese. So, 1st you need to know the number of students who have been observed and remember, students must be the same year age.
4.- Lifestyle OOOO 4 (SOCIAL STUDIES - VERBAL)
PRESENT SIMPLE & PRESENT CONTINUOUS AGENDA
DAYS OF THE WEEK, ACTIVITIES & TELLING THE TIME
* Difference between Sport and Physical Activity? E-Mail
* Describe your Day to Day Life
* Do you practise any sport or activity?
* What time do you go to your bedroom at?
* What time do you go to sleep at?
* How long do you spend with Electronic Devices? (computers, tablets, mobile phones, ... )
* Where do you set them by the time you use them? (far away from your body, on a table, on your legs, ...)
* In group think on 5 more questions related to this topic which a doctor would ask if you had any physical problem.
* Compare gotten answers and write a summary getting a conclusion.
5.- Lifestyle II OOOOO 5 (SCIENCE - VERBAL)
CONDITIONALS & ADVICE
HEALTHY FOOD & LIFE STYLE
* What is food providing to our organism?
Interview a professional at this area in order to learn as many interesting things as you can.
* Write 6 more questions about healthy diet a child should follow.
- Do adults & children eat the same amount of food?
- What makes diets different according to sex, age and lifestyle?
- According to the different food we eat, what makes our brain to work smarter?
- According to the season, should we change our diet?
- What is the acrylamide? Where can we find it? Is it dangerous?
* Rewrite the answers of your questions as an essay.
6.- Lifestyle III OOOOOOOOO 9 (SOCIAL STUDIES - VISUAL)
SUBJUNCTIVE & MODAL VERBS
COUNTRIES & NATIONALITIES
* DB8 with your mates, relatives, ... ; Ask them questions, listen to their answers, investigate and try to get a conclusion about the video.
- Write down a list of the richest countries in the world and present that information on a map.
- Write down a list of the most obese countries in the world and present that information on a map.
- Write down a list of the top 10 Largest Fast Food Restaurants and present that information on a map.
- Write down a list of countries where McDonalds cannot be found and present that information on a map.
- How can tourism effect on non obese countries?
- After talking about it with your group, write down short sentences with conclusions and send them to 10 different embassies around the world. Explain why you have decided them and not others.
7.- Lifestyle IV OOO 3 (NEUROSCIENCE - VERBAL)
- Think on what you really know about our brain:
* How many parts is our brain divided in?
* What are they for?
* How important is our brain in our body?
* How long do you sleep?
* What is the difference between REM or NO REM sleep cycles?
* Why are they so important to our body?
* When you wake up in the morning:
a) you feel tired all day b) please, 5 minutes more c) No prob, you stand up and that's all.
* Write 6 more questions about our brain (common illnesses, how they effect, when, ... ) you would like to know and ask to our expert. E- Mail
- Think on what you really know about the following questions:
* Why are adults worried about us?
* What do you think their fears are?
* What are the common things we do wrongly?
* What should we improve?
* How different are we from our grandparents? Positive & Negative ways of acting of this era?
* Write 3 more questions about teenagers worries or things you do not understand of adult's world and ask to our experts.
Tutor Police Officer Psychologist
Then, present this information as an essay and end it with your personal opinion.
8.- Importance of SPORT and GAMES OOOO 4 (PE - VERBAL)
PRESENT TENSES, SUBJUNCTIVE & CONDITIONALS
SPORTS & PARTS OF THE BODY
* How can sport help us to study or work smarter?
* How do Boardgames, Susokus, Crosswords or Videogames effect our brain?
* Find out a list of sports and write why they are highly recommended.
* Depending on your age, depends the recommended sport?
* Should children go to a gym?
* Do you think gyms should ask for a parents permission depending on the age of the children?
* What would the recommended age be?
* Work harder or smarter? Brain over Brawn!
DB8 about it & write down your conclusions.
* Go to different gyms and ask them the same questions:
- Are there any children coming to the gym?
- If so, why are they coming?
- Do parents know about it?
- Do you ask any parents' permission?
- When would you recommend children going to a gym?
- What age would you recommend to start at?
- What activities would you recommend them?
Compare the answers gotten in the 1st part over the 2nd and write down your personal opinion.
9.- Electronic Devices OOOO 4 (ICT - VERBAL)
PRESENT TENSES & USED TO / DIDN'T USE TO - SHOULD / SHOULDN'T
ELECTRONIC DEVICES & ROOMS IN A HOUSE
- Note down all the household appliances you have at home (object and quantity of them) & where you can find them too.
- Note down the effects of electricity on your body according to the amperes.
- Find out information about WI-FI Radiations and Health Risk.
- How have the electronic appliances changed our life style? Ask to professionals or people who were young in the 50's (1950)
Write an essay comparing before and now.
* Why is not recommended staring at a torch?
* When we are in front of a projector, a tablet or our mobile phone, does it affect in somehow in the same way?
* Write down a list of recommendations we should take in account by the time we work with electronic devices.
(Room - Light - Position of the appliance - Resting Time - ...) E- Mail
Write an essay providing helpful information and share it with the principal of your school.
10.- Food in Spain OOOOOOOOOO 10 (SOCIAL STUDIES / ARTS & CRAFTS - KINESTHETIC / LOGICAL)
Passives: It is said, It is believed, It is considered,
* Work out the meaning of the acrylamide word. What is it?
* Find out the relationship among acrylamide in food and in cigarettes.
* Note down a list of the 14 most common food allergens and draw them as round badges.
* Look for the reason why nowadays the number of people with allergies is increasing.
* Debate with your group mates pros and cons between Fast Food - Food to Take Away & Homemade Food.
* Design a Traditional Mallorcan Menu Chart
* Design a Traditional Spanish Menu Chart: (Do not forget)
- Name of the Restaurant
- Starters / Snack - Mains / Entrée (Meat _ Poultry_Fish_Soups) - Sides - Dessert - Kids Menu - Beverage
* Why is the Mediterranean Diet highly famous?
* Design a Traditional Mediterranean Diet Menu Chart and draw the basic ingredients which define the main characteristics of this diet.
BE A DETECTIVE!
* How much is bread in a petrol station? How much is bread in a traditional bakery shop?
* How much is 1 kg of apples in a supermarket? How much is it in a local market?
* Classify them according to their price: FISH - BAGUETTE - WHOLE GRAIN BREAD - PASTA - MEAT - RICE - POTATOES - TOMATO SAUCE
- Many people with the economical recession started buying a lot of rice, potatoes and tomato sauce.
- In the past, people only ate fish and meat in celebrations ( Once or Twice every year)
- In the Ancient Rome only rich people could eat meat.
- > Quality / < Quantity vs <Quality / >Quantity. What does it mean?
* According to this topic, debate with your group mates pros and cons where better to live is (City or Countryside).
- Where is better to buy fruit and vegetables (supermarket or local market) ?
- When is better to buy fruit and vegetables (all year long or depending on the item)? Prove your answer
Are you ready for being a chef? Now you have a lot of ingredients, take care of all of them and try to elaborate the most distinguished dish of all. Read all your comments, ideas and notes. Think about them, get your own opinion and write an essay explaining everything to us.
- COMMON TO EVERYONE - INDIVIDUAL ESSAY // COMMON TO EVERYONE - INDIVIDUAL ESSAY // COMMON TO EVERYONE -
remember to write your name and surnames - remember to write your names and surnames - remember to write your ...
Think on what you have been learning, listening, thinking, asking, ... & write sentences (minimum 1 each) by using:
- Present Perfect (yet) You haven't done something yet.
- Present Perfect (already) You have already tried it.
- Present Perfect (just) You have just taken a new hobby/sport up.
- Present Perfect (since / for ) You have been practising a sport since ..., that means, for ... years.
- Future (going to) 100% sure
- Future (might) 50 % sure
- Future (won't) 0% No way